Re: [SCA-Milliners] Digest Number 96

  • sheila widmaier
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2001
      > Subject: Re: Pattern needed
      > > > the moment, an Itallian style "pilbox" or cap.
      > Can anyone direct > me,> > > or does anyone have
      patterns to share? I will> happily send SASE
      > of> > > any size as needed.
      >
      > Hi Juliette -
      >
      > I've seen really nice pillbox hats made out of those
      > buckram frame > rings you can find in the bridal
      section of JoAnn's.> They come in a > variey of
      heights, and you simply cover the frame> and add a
      circular > top piece stretched across the frame. :)

      > Julian ferch Rhys
      > (also of Atenveldt :)

      Hi Juliette! Hi Julian!

      Exactly what me and Dee did for our pillbox's, bought
      the 1 1/2 inch buckram ring, used it to draw a circle
      and a band, put some beads on and sewed it together,
      here's a picture of Lady Davina with hers on last
      weekend.....
      http://www.geocities.com/monstonitrus/photos/rapier01/index.html

      The veil is a about a yard of something sheer
      (preferably silk organza, but since its prom time
      everything is expensive) that we did a rolled-hem on
      the edges.

      What part of Atenveldt are you in?

      Turrel (phoenix, AZ)

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/