Pattern needed

  • (Lady Juliette) R. Linn
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2001
      Greetings good gentles, all--I am Juliette de Deuxmond of the Kingdom
      of Atenveldt, and I am new to this list.

      I have many years of sewing experience in both Mundane and Garb, but
      have never made a hat other than one of those rolled donut
      headpieces. My household recently made a vow to be more "complete"
      in our costuming--adding the accessories to the dresses, and I am in
      search of some help finding some patterns for hats--specifically for
      the moment, an Itallian style "pilbox" or cap. Can anyone direct me,
      or does anyone have patterns to share? I will happily send SASE of
      any size as needed.

      Your Kind help is most appreciated...

      Juliette
    • Julianna Thoennes
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2001
        Here is the link I have.

        http://www.jps.net/lynnmcm/hat.html

        Julianna Mumbrue

      • kgarner1@ix.netcom.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 11, 2001
          > > specifically for
          > > the moment, an Itallian style "pilbox" or cap. Can anyone direct
          me,
          > > or does anyone have patterns to share? I will happily send SASE
          of
          > > any size as needed.

          Hi Juliette -

          I've seen really nice pillbox hats made out of those buckram frame
          rings you can find in the bridal section of JoAnn's. They come in a
          variety of heights, and you simply cover the frame and add a circular
          top piece stretched across the frame. :)

          Julian ferch Rhys
          (also of Atenveldt :)