and...a Stash Relief reality check....

  • borderlands15213
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2005
      Someone on another list responded to my suggestion of donations of
      clothing made from glutted stashes with the reminder that
      distribution of such things is a problem, and on the UNICEF site
      spokeswoman Mia Farrow commentes that handling and distributing
      blankets and so on, is expensive, and that those items are available
      in the countries affected by disaster.

      So, perhaps anyone interested in helping the tsunami relief effort
      and reducing his or her stash at the same time will consider making
      some *garb* and then auctioning off that garb for pragmatic cash.
      Perhaps you'll organize and or promote the auction, too.
      If you and or your local SCA branch are feeling really generous, you
      might want to consider donating the auctioned garb to Gold Key, maybe
      for an incipient or proto-incipient group who could use it,
      especially if your own group is well-established and reasonably
      attired medievally.
      If your group has an event coming up, and you can squeeze one more
      activity into the day or the weekend, please consider this.

      Yseult