Hat humor

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2004
      My brother in law saw my license plate "Hennin" at Thanksgiving and
      thought maybe we were devotees of a tennis player. Turns out there's a
      highly ranked player who has that last name -- or a variant. A
      websearch turns up two variations:

      Justine Henin-Hardenne
      Justine Hennin-Hardenne

      --
      Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent

      The latin word 'carpe' is principally an agricultural term meaning to
      harvest, pluck, or gather. So the phrase should really be translated as
      'harvest the day,' which is a lot more laid back than 'seize the day.'
      -- Alex Boese
    • danabren@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 29, 2004
        Cynthia, that is hilarious...

        Danabren

        > My brother in law saw my license plate "Hennin" at Thanksgiving and
        > thought maybe we were devotees of a tennis player. Turns out there's a
        > highly ranked player who has that last name -- or a variant. A
        > websearch turns up two variations:
        >
        > Justine Henin-Hardenne
        > Justine Hennin-Hardenne
        >
        > --
        > Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent

        ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
        "Some mornings it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the leather straps"
        Emo Philips
      • Caitriona Campbell
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 29, 2004
          Although my plate isn't hat related, your comment made
          me think of what another SCAdian said to me when he
          saw it. It reads ADRAGON......he asked what Ad Rag On
          meant. **sigh** I never thought I'd have to explain
          that it really reads A Dragon.....

          Caitriona Campbell
          AKA DragonLady & SheDragon

          --- danabren@... wrote:

          > Cynthia, that is hilarious...
          >
          > Danabren
          >
          > > My brother in law saw my license plate "Hennin" at
          > Thanksgiving and
          > > thought maybe we were devotees of a tennis player.
          > Turns out there's a
          > > highly ranked player who has that last name -- or
          > a variant. A
          > > websearch turns up two variations:
          > >
          > > Justine Henin-Hardenne
          > > Justine Hennin-Hardenne
          > >
          > > --
          > > Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent

          =====
          Caitriona, Karen, DragonLady
          (My personality trinity)

          The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!