Medieval hat humor

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
      I have a brass rubbing which shows one man and his four wives
      (sequential) all of whom have soft horns/cauls draped with veils. I
      finally rehung it, and my 2y9mo old said "They're all dressed as cats
      and dogs!"

      --
      Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent
    • danabren@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
        > I have a brass rubbing which shows one man and his four wives
        > (sequential) all of whom have soft horns/cauls draped with veils. I
        > finally rehung it, and my 2y9mo old said "They're all dressed as cats
        > and dogs!"

        One of the first things that I teach when doing a hands-on/how-to medieval hat is to tell the attendees that if THEY don't name their hat, their friends will name it for them.

        Which is how I ended up with a peach brocade and brown velvet lappett truncated hennin dubbed "The Afghan" because the lappetts gave me "ears" like an afghan hound....

        Danabren
        With lots of hats and lots of names for them, alas...

        ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
        "Some mornings it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the leather straps"
        Emo Philips
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
          danabren@... wrote:

          > One of the first things that I teach when doing a hands-on/how-to
          medieval hat is to tell the attendees that if THEY don't name their hat,
          their friends will name it for them.

          Oh, yeah!

          The Bull. The Pikachu hat. The Xena outfit. The iguana hat. The
          giant donut of doom. The Care Bear Ears.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
            > The Bull. The Pikachu hat. The Xena outfit. The iguana hat. The
            > giant donut of doom. The Care Bear Ears.
            >
            > --
            > Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent

            The Change Machine/Steering Wheel, the Princess Leia, the Donut, the Exploding Bird, the Bug Hat, Moose Ears, the Pikachu (I think it's the same hat LOL)....

            Yep *ruefully*

            Danabren

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2004
              My daughters "Golden Wolverine" hat. I didn't even know who
              Wolverine was when I made it.

              Rashid

              --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Virtue <cvirtue@t...>