Hairnets - updated web page

  • Cindy Myers
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2004
      Greetings!

      I updated my web page earlier this month, and realized I never said
      anything.

      http://www.silkewerk.com

      I improved some of the instructional pictures for netting a medieval
      hairnet, AND there's now a left handed version!

      The web page is a slightly improved version of the handout I used at
      Known World Costume Symposium at the end of September, which was an
      improved version of my last web page which was the same as the handout
      published (and mangled) in the proceedings which I also used at
      Pennsic. Follow all that? ;)

      I also added a brief explanation (with pictures) of the differences
      between reeled and spun silk, since this can be confusing at times.
      I'll add instructions for reeling silk next, if all goes well.

      There's also a short list of articles dealing specifically with
      silkwomen.

      More as it happens...

      --Emmelyne