Netting class at Pennsic

  • Cindy Myers
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2004
      Greetings (and apologies to those who get this multiple times)

      I'd mentioned my Pennsic classes earlier, but didn't know the days and
      times. I do now! I'm really looking forward to this, and I appreciate
      the interest that has been expressed so far. If you can't make these
      times, let me know and we can try to arrange something else.

      --Emmelyne de Marksbury (Midrealm)

      --------------------------------------
      Netting & Hairnets
      Fri, 13 at 3:30 PM - Scheduled for AS 6 (up to 1.5 hrs)
      -and-
      Sun, 15 at 1:00 PM - Scheduled for AS 2 (up to 1.5 hrs)

      Limit 6
      I listed a cost of $10.00 but that's misleading. You can take the
      class and use my stuff for free, but if you want to take any of it home
      I'd like to re-coup my costs. Handout is $1.00.

      I'd like to make a few quick comments about this class. Even if you
      already know how to tie a netting knot, there will be plenty to talk
      about. The first segment of the class will be devoted to looking at
      photos of extant nets, and discussing what they can tell us about how
      they were made - and how they -weren't- made. Then, I'll be sharing a
      plausible technique I've worked out that logically reproduces all the
      features seen on medieval hairnets. There will be plenty of time for
      hands-on practice afterward.

      ------------------------------------
      Seals, Tongues, & Ties: How to Accessorize Your Documents
      Sat, 14 at 12:00 PM (1 hr)
      -and-
      Sun, 15 at 3:00 PM (1 hr)

      Both are scheduled for AS 8
      Limit 10
      I listed a fee of $1.00 but my supplies didn't come to much. Donations
      welcome.

      This is a fun little hands-on class for scribal and textile folk alike.
      Lots of pictures.
    • Zohra Rawling
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2004
        oooOOOOoooo!!!

        I want to take your class!!!

        I didn't get a chance to take any classes my first pennsic. but this
        time I will be taking as many as I can!!

        Ysabella

      • Cindy Myers
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2004
          > oooOOOOoooo!!!
          >
          > I want to take your class!!!

          (Emmelyne "pencils" you onto her wax tablets.)

          > I didn't get a chance to take any classes my first pennsic. but this
          > time I will be taking as many as I can!!

          I know what you mean. I'm planning on spending as much time in classes
          as possible!

          --Emmelyne --> wanna learn shoes and leather!
        • Roger Redpath
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2004
            Greetings, M'Lady.

            H.L. Caitlin nic Raighne and I are the Instructor Wranglers for the Known World Costuming Symposium V. This is to be held in the shire of Dun Ard, in Calontir, specifically the city of Atchison, Kansas on Columbus Day weekend, in October 2005. We are unable to attend Pennsic this year, and so were very glad to see your announcement on the Milliners' List and are hoping you would consider coming to teach! We'd be happy to send you a form so we can exchange information and hope you'll consider attending.

            Yours, in Service...
            Christiana

            Roger P. Redpath
            2205 Maple Ave