First post, first head gear..

  • katherinejsanders
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2004
      Hello everyone

      I'm new to the list and de-lurking for a moment. My name is
      (currently) Katherine and I am based in the shire of Harpelstane,
      Insulae Draconis (Edinburgh, UK). I have just worn my first head
      gear - a 1320s french veil and wimple - and thought others might
      enjoy my attempts. I have added a page to my embryonic website

      http://www.lucente-stella.moonfruit.com/

      under the link to "My First Garb". I know it's bad - no flaming
      please! - but perhaps others have found ways around problems - for
      example, wimple over or around cornettes, how many pins to keep a
      veil in the appropriate shape, is linen okay at a 'normal' weight,
      etc., - which could be shared. The linen bands and a lot of ideas
      are based on the Lady Cynthia Virtue's site: many thanks to her for
      her passion for headwear and willingness to share.

      Anyway. Hope you enjoy and look forward to hearing from you,
      Katherine
    • Rebecca Perry
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2004
        What a nice site! It looks like you've made a really good start. I'm
        starting to hand-sew everything too, and you're right - it really changes
        how you feel about, and understand, your garb. I hope you will continue to
        put up new pictures as you make more things - please keep us posted!

        Savina
        I'm new to the list and de-lurking for a moment. My name is
        (currently) Katherine and I am based in the shire of Harpelstane,
        Insulae Draconis (Edinburgh, UK). I have just worn my first head
        gear - a 1320s french veil and wimple - and thought others might
        enjoy my attempts. I have added a page to my embryonic website

        http://www.lucente-stella.moonfruit.com/
        *snip*
        ---

      • cynthia maute
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2004
          greetings, my lady,
          I'm interested in your head gear that you made and also that you live where a friend and I are headed in October to visit your lovely land.
          did you have much trouble making it....What color is it and have you worn it to an event.
          May I add your personal addy to my address book so that we can chat later?
          My name is Emelye and I live in AnTir. I am currently involved in getting a new group started in my area and have volunteered to be their Chatelaine.
          As always,
          In service,
          Emelye Mulvany aka snoodlady@...

          Rebecca Perry <rebecca@...> wrote:
          What a nice site! It looks like you've made a really good start. I'm
          starting to hand-sew everything too, and you're right - it really changes
          how you feel about, and understand, your garb. I hope you will continue to
          put up new pictures as you make more things - please keep us posted!

          Savina
          I'm new to the list and de-lurking for a moment. My name is
          (currently) Katherine and I am based in the shire of Harpelstane,
          Insulae Draconis (Edinburgh, UK). I have just worn my first head
          gear - a 1320s french veil and wimple - and thought others might
          enjoy my attempts. I have added a page to my embryonic website

          http://www.lucente-stella.moonfruit.com/
          *snip*
          ---

          Community email addresses: