Re: [SCA-Milliners] Italian Renaissance hair covering - Please help

  • Kat
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31 1:58 AM
      Dear Elinor,

      > My quandry is - what to do with my hair? I don't have any fake hair to
      help
      > me achieve a braid with hair taping.
      > I've also seen pictures of small caps and I recall seeing some websites
      with
      > instructions to make them in the past. What are they called so I can do a
      > search for them, or does anyone have some instructions they can point me
      > towards? What would I make them out of?

      How about mak=ing a little white linen caul. there is instructions on my
      website home.iprimus.com.au/adeptus/kat/

      > Should I crimp my bangs? I actually still have my crimper from the late
      > 80's. I'd have to see if it still works.

      you can do this to the front 1/3?? of your hair and put the back of your
      hair in a bun - cover it if it is too small, or buy a fake bun (buy them
      from hairdressers?) or with the caul. pic a portrait and copy it.

      this may help.
      Kat
      Innilgard.