Re: Steuchlein (mushroom/onion hat) documentation

  • uxbridgefox
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2003
      > I want to work on a Steuchlein (mushroom hat). I have found very
      little
      > information about it, and I was wondering if any of you could direct
      > me in the right direction for finding documentation

      German is not my #1 one thing but I have made the mushroom cap
      before.. rather poorly but I gave it a go.

      Did you read message 361 in the archives of this list.. might help
      you out.

      also this is a german living history group site that might have
      something to go on.
      http://www.st-max.org/todesengel_costuming.htm#Haube

      and this gown (I think the hat is one like you are talking about)

      http://www.amiperiodornot.com/details.mhtml?image_id=420

      The lady who made this gown sometimes posts on the amiperiodornot
      yahoo group.

      Good Luck.. I hope I've helped
      Eleanor le Brun