Re: Italian berretta

  • Marion McNealy
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hi, I am new to this particular list, but I know several people on
      this list from others. I also went to the NG earlier this year and
      saw this, but I didn't have the pesky guard problem! ;)

      If it would be of interest, I have several good detail shots of this
      bust which show the back and the fastenings.

      -Marion
      --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Griner" <susang45@j...>
      wrote:
      > I had a chance to go to the National Gallery in Washington D.C.
      this
      > summer and I got to see the marble bust titled "A Lady" attributed
      > the circle of Andrea del Verrocchio, c.1470. Wow was I excited. I
      got
      > chided twice by a guard for trying to get a better view of the
      back of
      > this bust.
      > Several good pictures of this bust are in "Virtue and Beauty"
      > pp.169-171 (It can be found on the web site but I cannot get a
      link to
      > the actual picture to work.).
    • Susan Griner
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
        --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, "Marion McNealy"
        <m_mc_nealy@y...> wrote:
        > Hi, I am new to this particular list, but I know several people on
        > this list from others. I also went to the NG earlier this year and
        > saw this, but I didn't have the pesky guard problem! ;)
        Yes, I for one would like to see your photos!
        Thanks,
        Lucrezia
        > If it would be of interest, I have several good detail shots of this
        > bust which show the back and the fastenings.
        >
        > -Marion
      • Marion McNealy
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
          I have uploaded the photos into the groups Files section, they are in a folder called Marion's Files.

          -Marion

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 7, 2003
            Marion McNealy wrote:
            > I have uploaded the photos into the groups Files section, they are in a folder called Marion's Files.

            How keen! It's open in back/top!

            --
            Cynthia Virtue and/or
            Cynthia du Pré Argent

            If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we
            don't believe in it at all.
            -- Noam Chomsky