Re: Lacis

  • Mary Haselbauer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2003
      Thank you for your help. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I
      know how to net. What I wanted to do was enhance net
      with lacis. It's a decorative stich where you weave in
      the individual squares of a net. That's the technique
      I wasn't sure of the origins of.

      Slaine

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Verdiana della Neve
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
        Hi!

        I'm new to the list, and I usually prefer lurking for a while (until
        I get to know everyone a little), but I'll take a chance posting a
        link ;-)

        You might try this site:
        http://lace.lacefairy.com/ID/FiletID.html

        I don't know if the information is SCA-worthy (I'm just starting to
        get into lace), but it does have a good article with historical
        references and a bibliography.

        Hope this helps!

        ~Verdiana

        --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, "mary_m_haselbauer"