RE: [SCA-Milliners] Digest Number 332

  • andovere@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 4 , May 27, 2003
      Forth Castle as in Savannah GA.? I used to be in that Shire. Say hi to Chris for me.
      Anyhow, I do have documentation but nothing online at the moment. A good place to go is...

      In case the link doesn't work for you, it's a Yahoo list called Age of the Cotehardie. There are pics in the files and good people to answer questions for you.

      Lady Thyre (rhymes with hair)of Andovere
      (formerly known as Mariah Gaven of Andovere)

      SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      >Community email addresses:
      >  Post message: SCA-Milliners@onelist.com
      >  Subscribe:    SCA-Milliners-subscribe@onelist.com
      >
      >Shortcut URL to this page:
      >  http://www.onelist.com/community/SCA-Milliners
      >
      >There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      >Topics in this digest:
      >
      >      1. Button Question
      >           From: "susanmrichardson" <susanmrichardson@...>

      >Message: 1
      >   Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 10:31:41 -0000
      >   From: "susanmrichardson" <susanmrichardson@...>
      >Subject: Button Question
      >
      >Greetings to the List,
      >
      >     This is slightly off topic, but does anyone have documentation
      >showing a kirtle, or cotehardie, that buttons all the way down the
      >front?
      >
      >Regards,
      >Sabine of Forth Castle

    • Bridget Johnson
      Message 2 of 4 , May 28, 2003
        For stuff about Coathardies look here.
        These are all links to the wesite of The Honorable
        Lady
        Marienna Jensdatter who has written a number of
        extremely interesting and lengthy articles. The first
        link shows heraldic coathardies with buttons!!!
        drool!! and the evidence for them.

        http://www.forest.gen.nz/Medieval/articles/surcotes/heraldicsurcotes.html

        http://www.forest.gen.nz/Medieval/
        The main research page

        http://www.forest.gen.nz/Medieval/articles/garments/garments.html
        There is more about coarthardies on this page.

        Happy reading
        Rosalind L'Aubin

        Marienna Jensdatter

        http://calendar.yahoo.com
      • susanmrichardson
        Message 3 of 4 , May 30, 2003
          Thank you for the wonderful list address and I will tell Chris
          that you send your regards.

          Sabine of Forth Castle

          --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, andovere@n... wrote:
          > Forth Castle as in Savannah GA.? I used to be in that Shire. Say hi
          to Chris for me.
          (snip)
          Message 4 of 4 , May 30, 2003
            Fantastic. Thank you! Sabine of Forth Castle

            --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, Bridget Johnson