Re: [SCA-Milliners] Braid casings research/discussion help (again)

  • Marilee Humason
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2003
      Hi,
      This book has not yet been released so I haven't
      gotten it yet, but I ordered it from Amazon.com. It
      was only about 13.97. I don't know if it is any good,
      but I speculate sometimes on books.

      Plucked, Shaved & Braided: Medieval and Renaissance
      Beauty and Grooming Practices 1000-1600
      by Daniela Turudich, Laurie J. Welch

      Have you done the Inter-library loan thing for the
      Goddard book? I have gotton some books I never thought
      I would get through them.
      If you don't know how to do it, you get as much info
      on the book as you can, go to the information person
      at your local library and they will give you a form to
      fill out. They then send out the form and where ever
      the book is, it will come to you!

      I got a book that was written in 1916 and there were
      only 500 in existance. It didn't take more than two
      weeks for them to find it.
      If not, then try Bookfinders.com, you would be
      surprised at what you can find.
      HOpe any of this helps you,
      regards,
      Baroness Anastasia