756Re: Seeking Patterns for English/Middle Eastern headwear

  • Anahita bint abd al-Karim al-Fassi
    Dec 3 2:36 PM
      Long long ago, before i joined this list, Iaen de Wodenhall (Sameer)
      wrote:
      > Can anyone point me to a good site where i can make some patterns for
      > hats?
      >
      > My personas are 13th century english and also 13th c. Mamluk....but
      > honestly anything will do if its "period"

      Well, i have photographs of two surviving Mamluk caps on my website.
      14th or 15th c. but what the hey. They're easy to construct. Show them
      to someone who sews and you shouldn't have any trouble drafting a
      pattern.

      http://witch.drak.net/lilinah/mamluk_hats.html

      Anahita
      recent arrival on this list