4107Help requested please- new member

  • V O
    Nov 29, 2012
      Thank you all, I was directed here in the hopes you could help me.  I have commited to making the Anne of Cleeves dress and hat for 12th night.  The dress is no problem, but I am not a milliner......  I am making the black and gold striped one, and that hat is a bit less decorated but they seem to be along the same lines of construction.  One of the biggest questions is what kind of support is underneath to hold up to all of that pearl and goldwork?  I have the sheer veil figured out, and the underneath decorative forehead band that holds the hair back, but the shape to cut out the main cap???

      I kind of have an idea of how it is constructed, but If anyone has made this hat, would you be willing to share the pattern and directions?  (Pretty Pleasssssssse?) So I don't tear my hair out.....

      Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!

      Mirianna Wrenne
      Outlands