4050Re: [SCA-Milliners] Slippage problems

  • Hannah Hennen
    Sep 9, 2011
      My Burgundian hennin does that too. Sew in a couple of combs, if you can,
      and do a little French braid across the front of your hair line.
      On Sep 9, 2011 9:39 AM, "Eva" <aoifeniaodhagain@...> wrote:
      > I'm having trouble getting my linen veil to stay put (generic 12th ish
      century). Both when wearing a chin and forehead strap or a full wimple after
      about 30 minutes to an hour everything starts slipping backwards and I end
      up with a sort of hairband look with about 1-2 inches of my hairline being
      visible. I have fine slick hair so that doesn't help either. I also suffer
      from headaches so there is a limit to how much I can stand strapped to my
      head.