3808Re: halo-brimmed hat

    May 1, 2008
      --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, "fionnghualaingheanuilliam"
      <fionnghualaingheanuilliam@...> wrote:

      > Thanks so much for the links. The last one looks like that
      depicted
      > by John Derricke. Since I don't speak German, do you know if a
      time
      > frame is mentioned for the last picture?

      It says something like "circa 1600, men's and women's clothing in
      Ireland" and then the number "43r" stands for "43 recto" which is
      antiquarian talk for "right side of folio 43". I don't know why they
      can's just say "page 86".

      I'm just not completely sure if it translates as "1600" or 16th
      century, which is 100 years earlier

      Rashid

      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > I just ran across these artworks from a German "trachtenbuch"
      > (fashion
      > > book) today:
      > >

      > > http://mdzx.bib-bvb.de/codicon/Blatt_bsb00011752,00093.html?
      > prozent=1
      > >
      > > I think they are only just recently webbed, and this particular
      > manuscript
      > > had not been published.
      > >
      > > Katherine
      > .
      > > > I'm trying to come up with a period style hat for a gentlewoman
      > > > living in the Pale during the 16th century.
      > > > Thanks for your help,
      > > > Sandy / Fionnghuala

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic