3806Re: halo-brimmed hat

  • fionnghualaingheanuilliam
    Apr 30, 2008
      Thanks so much for the links. The last one looks like that depicted
      by John Derricke. Since I don't speak German, do you know if a time
      frame is mentioned for the last picture?
      I also did a search on John Derricke and happened on the woodcut that
      I initially mentioned
      The woman seated at the table has what has been described as a "halo
      brimmed" hat. Any ideas on how it was made?

      wheezul@... wrote:
      > Hi,
      > I just ran across these artworks from a German "trachtenbuch"
      > book) today:

      > http://mdzx.bib-bvb.de/codicon/Blatt_bsb00011752,00093.html?
      > I think they are only just recently webbed, and this particular
      > had not been published.
      > Katherine
      > > I'm trying to come up with a period style hat for a gentlewoman
      > > living in the Pale during the 16th century.
      > > Thanks for your help,
      > > Sandy / Fionnghuala
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic