3762Re: houppelande hat

  • borderlands15213
    Jan 10, 2008
      --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, Cynthia Virtue <cvirtue@...> wrote:

      > I think the shape is not merely elongated, but twisted. It reminds me
      > of a fat water-buffalo horns. It would be quite complex to make right,
      > I think!
      >
      > cv

      I'm betting it isn't. :-D What I'm expecting to discover is that it
      is simplicity itself. (Scanned ahead a bit, and noted some commentary
      about wire and framework and so forth, and I'm betting that it's
      either non-existant in that headress, or minimal. Well, time and a
      bit more experimenting will tell.)
      It *does* look like fat water buffalo horns; I don't disagree with
      you, there, but I think the shape that's cut out and then sewn and
      whatever'd into that "horned" headdress is a slightly elongated
      oblong, and I was referring to the shape of the piece of fabric, and
      not the finished three-dimensional shape of the hat/headdress.
      I'd also assumed that the "cut shape" was what Samia was asking
      about---my bad if I got that part wrong.

      Yseult the Gentle
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic