3760Re: [SCA-Milliners] Re: houppelande hat

  • Leah Lloyd
    Jan 10, 2008
      I call them "Bathrobe houppes".

      Danabren

      Cynthia Virtue <cvirtue@...> wrote:

      Now a quibble: This probably isn't a houppelande. I use that term for
      the outrageous upper class garments. This one is more likely the
      upper-middle class version; rich, but not ridiculous, with narrower
      sleeves, and probably a floor length hem instead of several feet past
      the floor. But this is a quibble and I expect some people would call it
      a houppelande anyway, and that's ok.

      cv

      Recent Activity

      2