3755Re: houppelande hat

  • borderlands15213
    Jan 10, 2008
      I was teasing you because the collar came up on a different list,
      but of course you know that...
      I'd love to have an excuse to wear that collar, even for
      Hallowe'en. And I do agree with you that it would be hot to wear.

      The shape looks like a slightly elongated football (American.) A
      year or so ago, I started playing with bits of paper and bits of
      muslin to see what I could come up with. So far, nothing definite.
      I just had too little on my mind the day I "raised my hand."
      But it's a too cool hat/headdress, and I know I want to make and
      wear one. (That'll mean a houppelande, though, and unless it's the
      depths of winter around here, I'll be swooning from heat!)

      Yseult the Gentle

      --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, Samia al-Kaslaania <samia@...>
      > I'm working on things for the whole household. That collar would
      be way
      > too hot for me to wear. :)
      > So you raised your hand, what do you think of this shape?
      > Samia
      > borderlands15213 wrote:
      > > Hers? That's going to be sort of tough with that tall, flared
      > > you're working on... ;->
      > >
      > > Yseult the Gentle
      > >
      > > --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, Samia al-Kaslaania
      > > wrote:
      > >
      > >> Can anyone lend thought about the shape of this hat? It's one
      of the
      > >> Reymerswaele versions.
      > >>

      > > aele.jpg
      > >
      > >> Samia