Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

3670Re: [SCA-Milliners] Barbettes

Expand Messages
  • Cynthia Virtue
    Nov 2, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      Masters, Cheryl L FC wrote:
      > Greetings to the List,
      > I believe what I am thinking of is called Barbettes. I am thinking
      > of the bands that go around the head. One beneath the chin and one around
      > the crown. Is there any reason to think these would NOT have been tablet
      > woven?
      Barbette means 'little beard', I think, and most folks think of it as
      the chin strap portion of the bands to anchor the veil (or to anchor a
      coffee filter type hat.)

      Tablet woven is an intriguing idea, however, that seems like a lot of
      effort for something which is 1: generally white and 2: could be made
      out of offcuts. But it might make an interesting variation.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic