3593Re: Veil

    Jun 5, 2007
      --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, "Madeleine Delacroix"
      <madeleinedelacroix@...> wrote:
      > Thanks for the info..how do you measure to make the scarf...would
      > you measure on your head from point to point and then make your
      > triangle?? The simplier things never seem to have directions and I
      > have never made a scarf before..

      For the triangle, put the measuring tape ove you head and measure
      from the point on your shoulder it comes to in the picture, over top
      of your head and then to ths same point on the opposite shoulder.
      This will give you the length of the hypotenuse (long side of the
      triangle). you can then figure out the size of the other sides by
      trigonometry or by laying your tape measure down and using two
      yardsticks from the endpoints of the hypotenuse to make a right angle.

      AS far as using a rectangular scarf to cover the back of the head,
      you'd be better off using a pice of lightweight muslin to test with,
      I'd start with 16 inches by 45 and see if that works, possibly
      trimming it down to 8 inches by 45 if 12 iinches seems too bulky.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic