3592Re: [SCA-Milliners] Veil

  • Salli Weston, Scott Theisen
    Jun 5, 2007
      On 6/4/07, Madeleine Delacroix <madeleinedelacroix@...> wrote:

      > http://www.festiveattyre.com/research/earlyflor/3flor13.html
      >
      > In this pic, what exactly is the lady in the pink wearing, can any of
      > you tell..to me it looks like a triangular veil, with a caul, the lady
      > next to her just looks like she has a sheer scarf tied on her head..do
      > I have these right?? What is the best material to use for these
      > headcoverings??thanks..

      You can also get the same look by using a square veil about the size of a
      tea towel/flower sack dishtowel. You place the towel over you head with two
      corners in tfront and two in back. Take the back corners and cross them
      behind your neck. Pull them tight and tie then on top of your head and
      tuck those ends under. The front corners can then be twisted to get the
      same look.

      You seen a similar look in 15th C HRE pics on lower class people done with
      linen.

      Petranella

      --
      Vladimir Radescu