3489Re: Elizabethan pillbox hats

  • Madeleine Delacroix
    Mar 20, 2007
      I stopped loaning out expensive books for that same
      reason..anyway..I add another pic, under hats and garb, I think and
      I may be wrong, that this woman is wearing a brimless with a
      veil.She was one of Queen Catherine's ladies in waiting, and
      Catherine died in 1589, so timing is right..although my group
      doesn't snip about garb, I would like to get it right..and I have
      always thought this style was cute..

      "Christine Taylor" <christine@...> wrote:
      > You are more than welcome! I do not have larger photos, although I
      see that
      > another poster has images and information on the Little Sampford
      hat. (Thank
      > you!)
      > I'm about to launch into a new French hood. I made one years ago
      and really
      > liked how it turned out, but I loaned it out and it was lost.
      > (Friend who borrowed it: "I gave it back to your husband!"
      Husband: "She
      > never gave me anything!") Whatever. It's still Grrrr.
      > Caitlin
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic