341Re: [SCA-Milliners] Heraldic cote headware

  • Charlotte Zificsak
    Sep 4, 2001
      It's hard to tell. In some examples, it looks very obviouly like the hair
      has been brushed up to over the ears, and then braided. That's how I've
      done it. I start with a high braid, and then just tuck the end under where
      it started.
      For an example, check out some pictures I took this spring while on my
      honeymoon (these are from the Louvre, my poor husband!):
      http://www.geocities.com/zificsak/ Check out the Jeanne de Bourbonne pics
      at the bottom.

      From a lot of paintings, it also looks like there's braids going across the
      back of the head. I'm not really sure how to do that. Fake braids are also
      doable. Hide the ends under the flowers, or under another hairdo with short
      hair.

      Wedding is on the 22nd? Eek! Sewing like mad...