3183Re: question on balzos

  • fionnghualaingheanuilliam
    May 1, 2006
      This is the site I found from this group's links....and I also thank
      Eleanor for the link for purchasing flat reed.....one of my friends
      suggested I use fabric stiffener and cheesecloth formed on a
      ballloon. She says it dries hard enough to support a fabric
      covering. I know this isn't "period", but I probably will only wear
      this hat once since my persona is Irish....do you think her idea
      would work?

      Thanks again,

      Fionnghuala

      --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, <danabren@...> wrote:

      > Have you looked at Mistress Damiana's site on Balzos?
      >
      > http://home.earthlink.net/~lizjones429/balzo-new.htm
      >
      > Danabren
      >
      > >I need to create a balzo....I searched the links on this group
      and
      > >found one to a site by Elizabeth Jones on making a base out of
      flat
      > >reed....I have no source for reed and was wondering if I could
      use
      > >plastic boning instead....I assume that once the base is made I
      would
      > >make a "bag" to cover it and then use pins or combs to attach it
      to my
      > >head (after I put my hair up in a bun)...does this sound
      plausible?
      > >Thanks for your help....Fionnghuala

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic