2693Re: Re: [SCA-Milliners] wimple/veiling question

  • danabren@verizon.net
    Jun 1, 2005
      >> I've been called "my lord" (while wearing a Norman
      >> bliaut, go figure??), Jewish, Muslim, a nun, Sister
      >> Bertril....
      >>

      >Whoever said that must be seriously blind since Her
      >Excellency Mistress Danabren looks NOTHING like a man!

      It was pretty humorous (to me) - I was wearing a draped veil cum wimple, and the poor merchant was looking at my back. I turned around when he said "Good day, my lord", and he was utterly mortified. Since I'd only wandered idly into his booth and hadn't planned on actually buying anything at that time, I'm sure he thinks that I didn't spend any money there because I was insulted (I wasn't, really).

      Poor guy!

      But this is, of course, why we need to educate people about proper headwear, so that no one ever thinks that a draped veil is worn by a Northern European male! :)

      Danabren

      Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic