2682wimple/veiling question

  • Julie
    Jun 1, 2005
      Oops - sorry if I started something.
      I have waist length hair and hubby likes long hair. Is there an appropriate headcovering for a married women where her hair is visible?

      I have plans for the coffee filter hat, but isn't a caul worn with that? I think I've seen manuscripts with ladies with loose hair but are they married or single? I tend to skip the veiling when hubby's at events.
      Julie

      ---- <SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > I asked my husband - and he doesn't like my veil! He says it covers up
      > my face too much (the veil fluttering down the sides). Wow, I would
      > never have known if he hadn't had told me.
      >
      > I'm going to wear my veil no matter what he thinks, but I think I'll try
      > to find a flowier one. I know he'll hate the wimple that I'm going to
      > try as well. Maybe I'll do a coffee filter hat with barbette to keep
      > him happy. =)

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic