2681Re: [SCA-Milliners] wimple/veiling question

  • Elinor Salter
    Jun 1, 2005
      Julie wrote on 5/31/2005 5:03 PM:

      > My family tells me that the veil/snood/wimple make me look ancient.
      > Really takes the fun out of being period correct. I strive to look
      > like I stepped out of a painting or illumination.
      >
      > What sort of comments do others get?
      > Julie

      I asked my husband - and he doesn't like my veil! He says it covers up
      my face too much (the veil fluttering down the sides). Wow, I would
      never have known if he hadn't had told me.

      I'm going to wear my veil no matter what he thinks, but I think I'll try
      to find a flowier one. I know he'll hate the wimple that I'm going to
      try as well. Maybe I'll do a coffee filter hat with barbette to keep
      him happy. =)

      --
      - Elinor Salter
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic