2679Re: [SCA-Milliners] wimple/veiling question

  • Kristen Dahle
    Jun 1, 2005
      Constance writes: Actually there are different protestant christian groups (not amish or
      mennonite) where the women practice covering their heads - but come on I
      wouldn't use a wimple and veil for that! Very very hot.
      I think it depends what fabric you make your veils from. My linen veils tend to keep me cooler on hot days (no sun on my head, but they still catch any breeze) and warmer on cold days (esp. in combination with my wool hood).

      Many of the women in my family wear a hat or small veil (about the size of an embroidered handkerchief) during their Missionary Baptist church services.