2678Re: [SCA-Milliners] wimple/veiling question

    Jun 1, 2005
      Naomi Banta wrote:
      > I wish I could manage that in our shire... I'm the only one who wears a
      > sort of headcovering of ANY sort on a regular basis

      Here's what I did:

      Hold an afternoon "seminar" with cookies and such, at your house or a
      friend's. Be sure to advertise the cookies, encourage new folks, etc.
      If you think your group isn't ready for sewing and cutting, call it a
      "come play with hats" snack session, and have lots of mirrors, bobby
      pins, yards of pearls for braiding, etc. A one-page handout with
      medieval images of a few types would be nice, but not necessary.

      After one or two of those, you can move onto a simple veil workshop or
      an easy Elizabethan caul, or a man's cylinder hat...

      --
      Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent

      "Before I die with a hammer in my hand,
      I'm gonna get me a steam drill, too, Lord, Lord,
      Get me a steam drill too!"
      -- The Smothers Brothers version of The Ballad of John Henry
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic