      From: Hillery Brewer [mailto:hbrewer@...]
      Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 6:18 PM
      To: SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Milliners] was: Hairstyles now: long hair vs. short

      While long hair was most desired, many couldn't maintain it. So many of
      the styles (fake braids, cauls, etc) are designed to mimic long hair. So it
      may be that the headcoverings fit over less hair better because they were
      designed for the hair-deprived.

      On the other hand, I have found that the longer my hair gets, the better
      my hats stay on. So I really don't understand this thread. As long as you
      take the time to braid your hair up right it will anchor your hat on through
      anything. I have a 2 foot butterfly hennin that stays on with nothing but a
      good fit and my hair in a front bunn. The same works with English and
      French hoods.

      If you have trouble holding slippery hair in place, try Italian hair
      taping. you can use clear or hair colored ribbon if it would clash with
      your persona. Taped hair will NOT move.

      Hillery

      Hilery Brewer

      ---