2075Re: [SCA-Milliners] was: Hairstyles now: long hair vs. short

  • Hillery Brewer
    Jul 1, 2004
      While long hair was most desired, many couldn't maintain it. So many of the styles (fake braids, cauls, etc) are designed to mimic long hair. So it may be that the headcoverings fit over less hair better because they were designed for the hair-deprived.

      On the other hand, I have found that the longer my hair gets, the better my hats stay on. So I really don't understand this thread. As long as you take the time to braid your hair up right it will anchor your hat on through anything. I have a 2 foot butterfly hennin that stays on with nothing but a good fit and my hair in a front bunn. The same works with English and French hoods.

      If you have trouble holding slippery hair in place, try Italian hair taping. you can use clear or hair colored ribbon if it would clash with your persona. Taped hair will NOT move.

      Hilery Brewer