1268Re: New to the list

  • martinespotais
    Aug 27, 2003
      Hi all,
      since the start of the this year I have become rather passionate
      about making hats.I made my first hat in March and it was like love
      at first sight.Only problem is that in New Zealand there are no
      qualifications and from what ive found no courses,although I am still
      researching my options.If there are any courses or people you can put
      me touch with that would be willing to help me out that would be
      greatly appreciated,and hey I'll work for free as long as I can just
      get my foot in the door!I've had local shops in my town wanting to
      put my hats in their shops,it just takes me ages to make them,but I
      am getting faster.I'll stop rabbiting on now and thanks to those whot
      take the time to read this message!
      --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, "Helysoune" <helysoune@y...>
      > You would more than likely use a veil and wimple. The wimple is a
      > rectangluar piece of linen that drapes over the neck and chin and
      > pinned on top of the head. The veil should a circular to oval
      > shaped piece of linen that is pinned over top. You could also use
      > band of linen about 1" or so wide surrounding your head as a
      > foundation piece for further support (especially good on windy
      > days. Cynthia Virtue has a great tutorial on the subject on her
      > website at http://www.virtue.to/articles/ Hope this helps!
      > YIS,
      > Helysoune
      > Canton of Steinsee, Kingdom of Caid
      > --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, "Melissa" <msceegirl@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Hello I am new to the list, My name is Lady Ceara ingen Celaig, I
      > am
      > > 1100 Irish and would like some information on veils for my time
      > > peroid what type should I have.
      > >
      > > Thanks You Lady Ceara.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic