1213Re: New to the list

  • Helysoune
    Aug 10, 2003
      You would more than likely use a veil and wimple. The wimple is a
      rectangluar piece of linen that drapes over the neck and chin and is
      pinned on top of the head. The veil should a circular to oval
      shaped piece of linen that is pinned over top. You could also use a
      band of linen about 1" or so wide surrounding your head as a
      foundation piece for further support (especially good on windy
      days. Cynthia Virtue has a great tutorial on the subject on her
      website at http://www.virtue.to/articles/ Hope this helps!

      Canton of Steinsee, Kingdom of Caid

      --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, "Melissa" <msceegirl@y...>
      > Hello I am new to the list, My name is Lady Ceara ingen Celaig, I
      > 1100 Irish and would like some information on veils for my time
      > peroid what type should I have.
      > Thanks You Lady Ceara.
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic