1114Re: [SCA-Milliners] Hennin

    May 8, 2003
      Illish O'Donovan wrote:
      > I have constructed several truncated hennins experimenting with fabrics
      > and I find that cotton velvet and wool work great! Even a heavier weight
      > linen will handle well and lay nice. Personally I prefer cotton velvet.

      Yeah!

      I really like the deep rich look of darker velvet/eens and wools, but
      I've also made truncated cone hats with damask fabric -- there are a
      couple of pictures that show patterning in the fabrics of the time. I
      think they turned out nicely. In general, though, I think the plain
      fabrics are wonderful.

      --
      Cynthia Virtue and/or
      Cynthia du Pré Argent

      The May 15, 2003 Total Eclipse of the Moon -- totallity starts 11:14pm
      Eastern.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic