medieval gardens

  • Jenne Heise
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 8, 2001
      Ladies and Gents, if any of you have a chance to look at the handout for my medieval and
      renaissance gardens class and give me comments, I would much appreciate any feedback.
      the handout is at:
      http://www.lehigh.edu/~jahb/herbs/medievalgardens.htm

      P.S. I'm kinda embarrassed about my boilerplate copyright statement at the bottom, but
      after having something I wrote snitched and used in a wierd place where I didn't want it
      (part of a religious site), I felt I had to have a copyright statement. The Explicit
      permission statement part is there in case someone DOES want to reprint it, to get around
      the SCA's copyright rules that permission has to be in writing.
      "Are you finished? If you're finished, you have to put down the spoon."
    • Kim Kennedy
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 8, 2001
        Thanks for the link! I have always placed my plants
        in little groups around whatever area I have to use,
        making the illusion of paths where there were none. I
        never knew why. Now I know I'm just a throwback.

        Kim2

        --- Jenne Heise <jenne@...> wrote:
        > Ladies and Gents, if any of you have a chance to
        > look at the handout for my medieval and
        > renaissance gardens class and give me comments, I
        > would much appreciate any feedback.
        > the handout is at:

        http://www.lehigh.edu/~jahb/herbs/medievalgardens.htm

        > P.S. I'm kinda embarrassed about my boilerplate
        > copyright statement at the bottom, but
        > after having something I wrote snitched and used in
        > a wierd place where I didn't want it
        > (part of a religious site), I felt I had to have a
        > copyright statement. The Explicit
        > permission statement part is there in case someone
        > DOES want to reprint it, to get around
        > the SCA's copyright rules that permission has to be
        > in writing.
        > --
        > Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise
        > jenne@...
        > disclaimer: i speak for no-one and no-one speaks for
        > me.
        > "Are you finished? If you're finished, you have to
        > put down the spoon."

        > SCA-Herbalist disclaimer: This list is primarily for
        > discussion of medieval
        > and renaissance herbalism and herbalism in the SCA.
        > Please verify any health
        > information in other sources and/or with a qualified
        > health professional.
        >
        > Get medieval at Mad Macsen's
        > http://www.MedievalMart.com/
        > Sponsored by House Wyvern Hall, BBM, East Kingdom,
        > SCA
        > [Email to SCA-Herbalist-unsubscribe@egroups.com to
        > leave this list]
        >
        > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Greg and Terri Blaisdell
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 8, 2001
          Very nice. I enjoyed it. Wish I could take the class. Copyright statement
          very clear and agreeable.
          Thalia
          > Ladies and Gents, if any of you have a chance to look at the handout for
          my medieval and
          > renaissance gardens class and give me comments, I would much appreciate
          any feedback.
          > the handout is at:
          > http://www.lehigh.edu/~jahb/herbs/medievalgardens.htm
          >
          > P.S. I'm kinda embarrassed about my boilerplate copyright statement at the
          bottom, but
          > after having something I wrote snitched and used in a wierd place where I
          didn't want it
          > (part of a religious site), I felt I had to have a copyright statement.
          The Explicit
          > permission statement part is there in case someone DOES want to reprint
          it, to get around
          > the SCA's copyright rules that permission has to be in writing.
          > --
          > Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise jenne@...
          > disclaimer: i speak for no-one and no-one speaks for me.
          > "Are you finished? If you're finished, you have to put down the spoon."

        • Heleen Greenwald
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 11, 2003
            Does anybody on this list know where the medieval gardens are at Penn State
            University? The directions we have to get there are not quite helpful
            (enough)

            Many thanks
            Phillipa
          • Sharon Gordon
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 12, 2003
              Does anybody on this list know where the medieval gardens are at Penn State
              University? The directions we have to get there are not quite helpful
              (enough)

              ***I have been looking for that info as well. Here is what I have found so
              far.

              ***To the campus:
              http://www.campusmaps.psu.edu/print/pdf/pa2sc.pdf

              ***Map of campus vacinity:
              http://www.campusmaps.psu.edu/print/pdf/vicinity.pdf

              ***The medieval gardens are said to be a section of the trial gardens which
              listed as being at
              "The garden moved to its present location at the corner of Park Avenue and
              Bigler Road in 1965 and has remained in that location for nearly 30 years."
              They are also said to be in the vacinity of Beaver stadium.

              ***Garden designer and maintainer:
              Dr. McGann at 814 863 7595 or mailto:mrm19@...

              Sharon
              gordonse@...