Herbal Heraldry

  • liadanl@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2001
      I also have a picture (it can be found on Tempus's heraldry page on the web) of heraldic rosemary. =) Symbolic for rememberance, heavily used in period for healing as well as cooking, etc. etc.
      Just a thought.

      - Liadan

      SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > In a message dated Tue, 6 Mar 2001  3:50:02 PM Eastern Standard Time, Jenne Heise <jenne@...> writes (speaking of herbal heraldry):
      >
      > > It pretty much hasn't gone much of anywhere.... Where
      > > it sat as of last I remember is that we wanted a
      > > badge of a mortar & pestle with something on it,
      > > possibly a piece of herb. I was advocating Sage, I
      > > think but someone else suggested an herb that is
      > > famous for being used in heraldry.
      >
      > MY candidate is mellilot. It's period, it grows wild all over our area, and it has uses in practically every area of herbal practise. (That's yellow sweet clover to you.)
      >
      > I rather like the idea of a mortar ensigned with an Eastern Crown, btw. Recognizable, East-specific, and easy to draw!
      >
      > Johanna

      Je doute tous.
      Le seule chose que je ne doute pas, c'est le fait que je doute tous.
      - Rene Descartes