Guild Levels

  • Linda Krecker-Schkred
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2000
      Jadwiga 's goal statement is really great. It is in actuality a
      mission statement. But that is even more perfect. Short and sweet and
      to the point. A statement that would not be easy to ignore or
      re-interpret. Oh, yea, I mean the second one. Even though I'm not
      clear what an apothecary does, it sounds like they should be included.

      Also, Johanna stated that it would be a good idea to make levels. I
      agree, most guilds do. After all true medieval guilds had levels. Be
      mindful though that these guilds worked sorta like our modern day
      unions. The unions also have apprentices and journeyman. In modern
      times as well as medieval times, an apprentice was one who was
      learning the trade, the journeyman was one who had learned the trade
      and could go out an earn a living. The Master is one who has earned a
      living for a while now, and is back teaching the trade to the
      apprentices as well as journeymen.

      My suggestion would be to first define each level keeping in mind the
      mission statement, then define how to determine the abilities of
      those who might achieve each level.

      I agree with Aelfwyne. The levels are there to encourage members to
      learn more that they might on their own. And thus should not be made
      impossible wether it is because members can't get to important
      panels, or by making the requirements impossible to fulfill.

      Rhianwen