RE: [SCA-Herbalist] where to buy equipment

  • Ségnat ingen Fháeláin
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 23, 2013

      I have a Frontier wholesale account and I can drive a very short distance to pick up my orders from them so that makes them the cheapest source for me because I don’t have to pay shipping.   Most of my acquaintances use http://www.specialtybottle.com/ .

      My friend Jim uses http://www.couronneco.com/      This company  has gorgeous bottles and they sell corks that fit them which is nice for the period look.     Keep in mind that all of their colored glass is spray on.  I had a long conversation with someone once about what color glass would be most “period”.

      YIS

      Ségnat Ingen Fháeláin

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 24, 2013
        Greetings!

        I started a list which you are welcome to peruse - perhaps it could be useful in your search - right here:

        https://sites.google.com/site/scameridianherbalists/links

        ~Lady Aranwen
        Deputy for Meridies Herbal Guild

        --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "cat_herder" <cat_herder@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I'm in need of suggestions of where to get the equipment for working with herbals, like scales, bottle, etc.
        >
        > Tamara

      • Dianne Russell
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 25, 2013
          Thank you everyone.

          Tamara
        • Joyce Zeiler
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 27, 2013
            You might also try mountainroseherbs.com. I just use an electronic kitchen scale.

            Morin

            On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 1:12 AM, cat_herder <cat_herder@...> wrote:

            Hello,

            I'm in need of suggestions of where to get the equipment for working with herbals, like scales, bottle, etc.

            Tamara

          • Arrow
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
              I just use a regular food scale, measuring spoons and cups, most of which I got at my local grocery store, I had to buy the scale from amazon though. As for bottles and such, I just reuse jars from olives and pimentos and the like that I've sanitized.