where to buy equipment

  • cat_herder
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 22, 2013
      Hello,

      I'm in need of suggestions of where to get the equipment for working with herbals, like scales, bottle, etc.

      Tamara
    • Amy Provost
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 23, 2013
        I use SKS Bottle...
        http://www.sks-bottle.com/

        --
        www.crookedwall.org
        www.bthumbstudios.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 23, 2013

          I have a Frontier wholesale account and I can drive a very short distance to pick up my orders from them so that makes them the cheapest source for me because I don’t have to pay shipping.   Most of my acquaintances use http://www.specialtybottle.com/ .

          My friend Jim uses http://www.couronneco.com/      This company  has gorgeous bottles and they sell corks that fit them which is nice for the period look.     Keep in mind that all of their colored glass is spray on.  I had a long conversation with someone once about what color glass would be most “period”.

          YIS

          Ségnat Ingen Fháeláin

          I'm in need of suggestions of where to get the equipment for working with herbals, like scales, bottle, etc.

          Tamara

          --
          www.crookedwall.org
          www.bthumbstudios.com

        • aranwen_of_willowford
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 24, 2013
            Greetings!

            I started a list which you are welcome to peruse - perhaps it could be useful in your search - right here:

            https://sites.google.com/site/scameridianherbalists/links

            ~Lady Aranwen
            Deputy for Meridies Herbal Guild

            --- In SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com, "cat_herder" <cat_herder@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > I'm in need of suggestions of where to get the equipment for working with herbals, like scales, bottle, etc.
            >
            > Tamara

          • Dianne Russell
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 25, 2013
              Thank you everyone.

              Tamara
            • Joyce Zeiler
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 27, 2013
                You might also try mountainroseherbs.com. I just use an electronic kitchen scale.

                Morin

                On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 1:12 AM, cat_herder <cat_herder@...> wrote:

                Hello,

                I'm in need of suggestions of where to get the equipment for working with herbals, like scales, bottle, etc.

                Tamara

              • Arrow
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 28, 2013
                  I just use a regular food scale, measuring spoons and cups, most of which I got at my local grocery store, I had to buy the scale from amazon though. As for bottles and such, I just reuse jars from olives and pimentos and the like that I've sanitized.