RE: [SCA-Herbalist] bruises

  • Sawbina.Fahy
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2013
      Me too! My hubby has one bigger than HIS first (and he is a "huge friggin' guy")! Lol

      Sawbina

      stephanie <chimericalgirl@...> wrote:

      What is the best bruise balm recipe you have found? I've recently started Rapier fighting and well...I need it :)

    • Rhonda Heyns
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2013
        Your best best is your local herb store.

        Rhonda Heyns
        roma1358@...

        To: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
        From: chimericalgirl@...
        Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 10:59:05 -0700
        Subject: Re: [SCA-Herbalist] bruises

        I'm rather new to herbalism, can i get those ingredients at the local whole foods market? and do i just mix them?

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2013
        Here are some recipes I have in my files. The One in the PDF is one that I have made before and love. It makes a lot, though, so be prepared!

        Rhonda Heyns
        roma1358@...

        To: sca-herbalist@yahoogroups.com
        From: roma1358@...
        Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 18:35:34 +0000

        To: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
        From: chimericalgirl@...
        Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 10:59:05 -0700

        I'm rather new to herbalism, can i get those ingredients at the local whole foods market? and do i just mix them?

        Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2013
        Here's one that works really well and is made out of plants that you probably can find growing locally. Please note that the marshmallow is a plant, not the confection! This is a class handout, so has instructions and explanations of what the plants in it do.

        Avaline la Chevriere

        o--}------------------------

        There are flowers enough in the summertime,
        More flowers than I can remember—
        But none with the purple, gold, and red
        That dyes the flowers of September!

        –Mary Howitt (1799–1888)

        Me too! My hubby has one bigger than HIS first (and he is a "huge friggin' guy")! Lol

        Sawbina

        stephanie <chimericalgirl@...> wrote:

        What is the best bruise balm recipe you have found? I've recently started Rapier fighting and well...I need it :)

      • mistressmorigianna
        Message 5 of 8 , Jun 6, 2013
          donno if this was mentioned but herbpharm makes a great liquid called trauma oil. My BF did martial arts and it saved him. I believe it is all the things you are looking for. Dragonmarsh.com  they also carry herbs if you want to make your own.

          I recommend tiger balm followed by the trauma oil.

          I hope you feel better!
          Lady Morigianna