Re: Herbal First Aid Handout

  • aranwen_of_willowford
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 29, 2013
      After cooling off the area right away, I just made some burn salve to be used should I find myself with a burn. It has:

      Plantain, chickweed, and calendula infused oils (made), aloe oil (bought not made), and some lavender essential oil. (Eucalyptus and bergamot are on my project list of other potential essential oils to add)

      If my comfrey will come up, it will be a useful ingredient here too for future batches, thanks to its rapid regrowth of damaged cells. (I plan only to use the leaf, and not the root! The potential risks to the liver are not something I wish to chance by consuming any root. But a leaf infused oil will be FINE for external use only. It would even be safe if accidentally consumed by... ? a pet, a kid, etc if I give any of it away, when avoiding the root.)
      *Standard disclaimer, always do your own research, I am not a medical pro or anything :)

      It also works on a number of other wounds too, which are of course inevitably going to be gotten.
      I love that I can also use it for many things in addition burns such as blisters, scrapes, inflamed wounds, insect bites, skin infections, dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, and rashes. Wounds in general. Oh, also helps with rapid healing, while reducing scarring. You can build a great list when you identify all the constituents that you pick to use in your own concoctions!

      http://www.essentialwholesale.com/product/1293/aloe-vera-oil-certified-organic-

      ~Lady Aranwen