Re: [SCA-Herbalist] drying my basil leaves?

  • Galefridus Peregrinus
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 10, 2013
      Put them on a cake cooling rack, if you have any. You want to have air circulating around them to promote drying without decay.

      -- Galefridus

      On Mar 10, 2013, at 9:50, Lady Biya <aisinbiya@...> wrote:

      I just plucked about 20 leaves of basil out of my indoor planter to
      stimulate more growth. I don't have any immediate need of the basil.
      Is there an easy way to dry the leaves? Right now they are all on a
      couple paper towels on paper plates sitting on my dining room table.

      --Laurel A. Rockefeller
      Author, Peers of Beinan Series

    • Rachel Cundiff
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 11, 2013
        You should also be able to freeze them in ice cube trays (with water.)  Then, when you need them, you defrost them and they are all "new" again !

        --
        Dum Vivo Servio (While I live, I serve)
        Rachel Cundiff, OL