May 24 Newburyport, Mass. talk

  • Carol Botteron
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2012
      [This is for Colonial America, but probably much of it is the same as
      SCA period Europe.]

      Historical Society of Old Newbury
      presents
      The Wise Woman's Pantry: The Wife as Doctor in Colonial Newbury

      Nutritional Herbologist/Herbalist, Eva Jackman, of Silverledge Farm,
      Newbury, will share natural therapies from home and nature. Every
      young woman's education would have included learning how to
      administer medicines, salves, and other remedies for the good of the
      household health.

      Everything from brewing a cup of herbal tea to the old fashioned foot
      bath will be discussed. We will focus on herbs specific to northern
      New England and pantry staples.

      Thursday, May 24th 6:30pm, 98 High Street, Cushing House Museum, $10
      per person, RSVP required.

      Historical Society of Old Newbury
      98 High Street
      Newburyport, Massachusetts 01950
      978.462.2681 * http://newburyhist.org/
    • Charlie Farrow
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13, 2012
        How interesting. I had no idea there was a Newbury in America. I live in 'real' old Newbury, although we were only called Newbury from medieval times! Otherwise we wouldn't have been 'New'! LOL! Before we were Ulvritone

           Charlie Farrow
         | CFA Marketing   |
         | Web Master & Online Promotion for  HNSLondon12  |
        THE Global Event of the Year for Readers & Writers of Historical Fiction