Neat Site for Period Remedies

  • Morin Ruairc
    Message 1 of 5 , May 3 6:37 PM
      I just found this awesome site on period remedies. Everyone may already know about it, but it's a goldmine for me.

      Jack-check this out!

      http://etext.ku.edu/view?docId=jesuatti/jesuatti.xml

      THE JESUATTI BOOK OF REMEDIES or LIBRO DE I SECRETTI CON RICETTI
      Compiled by FRIAR GIOVANNI ANDREA of the Order of the Jesuati Friars of Saint Jerome in Lucca, Italy in 1562
      Translated and with notes by Stata Norton
      This electronic edition published by the Center for Digital Scholarship, University of Kansas Libraries, 2010.

      Morin
    • Marta McCarthy
      Message 2 of 5 , May 3 9:07 PM
        Morin,
        That is indeed an amazing find.  It's a Holy Period Merck Manual and then some.  I want to be the scholar in the tower that just never emerges from her books....
        Isabella

      • psn3748@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 5 , May 4 7:16 AM

          Morin

          awesome find - thanks for sharing.

          Ros

          Message 4 of 5 , May 4 8:18 AM
            Morin! This is great. The mysticism in early medicine is often passed over. Thank you for thinking of me. I love it.
            Jack

            > To: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
            > From: joycehzeiler@...
            > Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 01:37:16 +0000
            > Subject: [SCA-Herbalist] Neat Site for Period Remedies
            >
            > I just found this awesome site on period remedies. Everyone may already know about it, but it's a goldmine for me.
            >
            > Jack-check this out!
            >
            > http://etext.ku.edu/view?docId=jesuatti/jesuatti.xml
            >
            > THE JESUATTI BOOK OF REMEDIES or LIBRO DE I SECRETTI CON RICETTI
            > Compiled by FRIAR GIOVANNI ANDREA of the Order of the Jesuati Friars of Saint Jerome in Lucca, Italy in 1562
            > Translated and with notes by Stata Norton
            > This electronic edition published by the Center for Digital Scholarship, University of Kansas Libraries, 2010.
            >
            > Morin

            > <*> Your email settings:
            > Individual Email | Traditional
            >
            > <*> To change settings online go to:
            > (Yahoo! ID required)
            >
            > <*> To change settings via email:
            > SCA-Herbalist-digest@yahoogroups.com
            > SCA-Herbalist-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Mindslashed
            Message 5 of 5 , May 4 10:01 AM
              oh my goodness!
              it has a period recipe for lip balm! (recipe to cure split lips around the mouth)
              words can not express my gratitude and excitement!

              -Rune