Rose Bead Question

  • Carowyn Silveroak
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 28, 2011
      Greetings,

      Has anyone tried making rose beads out of frozen petals?

      -Carowyn
      Doctors' #1 Skin Cream
      Learn Doctors' #1 Wrinkle Cream Formula for Just $5
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4ed45a125b98b6acae8st01duc
    • Joyce Zeiler
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 29, 2011
        Carowyn-

        Do you mean frozen-like in the freezer or freeze-dried?

        I've never made beads from frozen petals, but I use dried petals.  I would think you could use frozen petals as long as they are dried out somewhat.  I have my own way of making beads that dosen't require you to cook them in an iron skillet.  They stay somewhat red and don't turn black.

        Morin

        On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Carowyn Silveroak <silveroak@...> wrote:

        Greetings,

        Has anyone tried making rose beads out of frozen petals?

        -Carowyn
        Doctors&#39; #1 Skin Cream
        Learn Doctors&#39; #1 Wrinkle Cream Formula for Just $5

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 29, 2011

          Greetings,

          >Do you mean frozen-like in the freezer or freeze-dried?
          Frozen in the freezer, though the circumstances have them coming out looking freeze dried.

          >I've never made beads from frozen petals, but I use dried petals.
          I would think you could use frozen petals as long as they are dried out somewhat.  I have my own way of making beads that doesn't require you to cook them in an iron skillet.  They stay somewhat red and don't turn black.

          It's OK, I have an iron skillet.  I was just wondering if it affects the result, is all.  Guess I'll just have to try and see!

          -Carowyn, about to make the house smell unseasonable (but then again, I just got back from an errand run, and I was in a t-shirt.  A freaking t-shirt!  *looks at calendar*  Hmm, still in central PA......sheesh!)

          Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
          AwesomePennyStocks.com
        • Joyce Zeiler
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 30, 2011
            Let me know how they turn out!

            On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Carowyn Silveroak <silveroak@...> wrote:

            Greetings,

            >Do you mean frozen-like in the freezer or freeze-dried?
            Frozen in the freezer, though the circumstances have them coming out looking freeze dried.

            >I've never made beads from frozen petals, but I use dried petals.  I would think you could use frozen petals as long as they are dried out somewhat.  I have my own way of making beads that doesn't require you to cook them in an iron skillet.  They stay somewhat red and don't turn black.

            It's OK, I have an iron skillet.  I was just wondering if it affects the result, is all.  Guess I'll just have to try and see!

            -Carowyn, about to make the house smell unseasonable (but then again, I just got back from an errand run, and I was in a t-shirt.  A freaking t-shirt!  *looks at calendar*  Hmm, still in central PA......sheesh!)

            Penny Stock Jumping 3000%
            AwesomePennyStocks.com

          • tsura_to_je_stariji
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 30, 2011
              I ended up doing this a few years ago out of necessity. I had cooked down my rose petals in an iron pot but had to to move before I finished my beads. I froze the rose clay to preserve it. When thawed it was a bit more liquid & less fragrent than I would have liked. I guess things seperated out a bit. I remieded by slowly simmering to remove the extra water & adding a few drops of rose essence. It seemed to work.

              Tsura
              Bright Hills