dried leaves

  • Magdalena
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 27, 2011
      I've been picking and drying violets to use in teas, maybe ointments. My question is, should I remove the flower petals from the little green thing at the top of the stem? (Does the little green thingie have a name?)

      Thank you!

      Magdalena
    • jack hollandbeck
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2011
        stamen?

        > To: SCA-Herbalist@yahoogroups.com
        > From: panimagdalena56@...
        > Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:11:57 +0000
        > Subject: [SCA-Herbalist] dried leaves
        >
        > I've been picking and drying violets to use in teas, maybe ointments. My question is, should I remove the flower petals from the little green thing at the top of the stem? (Does the little green thingie have a name?)
        >
        > Thank you!
        >
        > Magdalena

        > <*> Your email settings:
        > Individual Email | Traditional
        >
        > <*> To change settings online go to:
        > (Yahoo! ID required)
        >
        > <*> To change settings via email:
        > SCA-Herbalist-digest@yahoogroups.com
        > SCA-Herbalist-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Rosamistica Tomacelli de Greene
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2011
          No. Violets you use the entire flower. Roses you use just the petals.
          --
          Rosamistica Tomacelli de Greene
          Nec timeo, nec sperno.

          Quoting Magdalena <panimagdalena56@...>:

          > I've been picking and drying violets to use in teas, maybe
          > ointments. My question is, should I remove the flower petals from
          > the little green thing at the top of the stem? (Does the little
          > green thingie have a name?)
          >
          > Thank you!
          >
          > Magdalena

        • Ana Hawthorn
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2011
            Be careful with violet leaf, the Native Americans believe that it greatly enhances the properties of other leaf herb in compounds- which would change dosages.
            -Ana
            --
            "Blagoslovila te mati zemlja"